Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Brilliant Orange

In the morning light
Marigolds gone wild!
Last year I decided to try my hand at gardening.  My Dad had an awesome green thumb and the yard always looked beautiful.  I wanted to bring that beauty back to life.  I sectioned out with a rock border my flower bed deciding on a spot he had used because I knew the soil was good.  I had bought a box of marigold seed from a local dollar store.  It was my understanding these were annuals, therefore, would not be back the next year.  Boy was I wrong and quite surprised when not only did they return but with a vengeance!  They have multiplied greatly and pushed out a lot of other flowers I had planted this year.
Now I am torn between finding a way to rid the bed of these completely or next year just letting them have the whole bed.  Such brilliant shades of oranges and yellows, the butterflies love them, oh, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment